Monday, May 4, 2009

Art in Bloom




It never fails, when you think you are caught up, you find out your not. I thought I had a chance catch up this weekend but without fail, I was reminded of one more thing. Run, run, run! So, I gave in and started pulling inventory together, making sure the tables are in good working order, and making sure the tent cover does not leak! Its raining here and sure enough I have a show this weekend!


I will be in Medford Oregon participating in a two day event called Art in Bloom. The event takes over the downtown area for two days and is a great activity for the whole family. There is food, art, jewelry and other vendors there. There is also an area for the kids to make and take crafts for their mom, grandma, aunt, etc. There is no cost to come and view the beautiful items on display.

I have always been a spectator in the past, but this year I will be a vendor. I had always thought it was more difficult to get into these events and so I never tried. I had always thought that my work was not good enough to be in such a wonderful event like this. But I finally decided that if I could teach my mom the right angle weave, I can certainly be a part of this! My husband has been very helpful and has made most of my display cases and jewelry stands. He dabbles in woodwork in his spare time.


I do not have any new pictures of the new items today. I was so busy yesterday that I completely forgot. But I will give you a few pictures from my current selection at my shop. These earrings are called Japanese Lanterns. They have such a luminescent glow! They look like they are actually lit up! I just love them and they are so versatile.

And to go with these earrings I have the Ice Cube bracelet. They are not a set but they would compliment everything from jeans to that little black dress. Czech cubes, silver star dust beads, and a simple toggle clasp.

I have to say, I had so much fun with Laura Trevey's giveaway this month. I chose a beautiful painting that reminds me of warm sands and tropical breezes dancing around you. With her "A Painting a Day" giveaway she was giving away a painting to everyone that left 5 comments on her paintings, followed her blog and linked your blog back to her. I think this is a wonderful way to get people to come visit and see an amazing artist! I went there to see what she posted next, regardless of the outcome. This is the painting I chose:
Congrats and thanks Laura for all your work this month!

Without further ado, I must be off. I have a van to start loading, earring display stands to find, and about a hundred labels to make up. Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the fair! Have a grand time, and be sure to let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger